Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Origami #1: A Table

First origami project of the year is a table. Pattern was found at Origami-Instructions.com. Chosen medium for this project was the Ruby Tuesday ad from this morning's paper. It was the perfect medium for this specific origami project, witness the table top:

Origami Table (Origami #1)

And the table from the side:

Origami Table (Origami #1)

While M and I were at Michael's tonight (great coupon on my rewards card, and we needed a potholder loom and a heckuvalot of ecru crochet cotton for a yardage project I have in mind), we picked up a couple of calendars ($0.50 each) because they're square and have pretty colors. No need to spend a buck a sheet or more for nice paper while I'm still learning, right?

Tomorrow is library night, so I will check out the origami books in our local branch (have already requested a few that are in other branches).

No comments:

Post a Comment